Good Evening, Neighbors!
WAG Holdings LLC Application to drill a well remains on Administrative HOLD until 7/5/21
In other news:
1) WEBSITE UPDATES: check out the Media Tab for information about more explosions from chemical processing plants, wildfires and effects on drinking water and a collection of Rules & Regulations regarding this problem. We have also added a glossary page that we will continue to update with relevant terms and acronyms found throughout our site.
2) DONATION UPDATE: the pay portal is up and running. Please donate to the Attorney & Professional fees via the website utilizing PayPal. Any large donations would be appreciated via check to avoid processing fees. (Note: all Board of Directors, our Water Committee, Fire Committee & YamCo Time/Place Manner Committee are 100% unpaid & volunteer).
3) RE-DRILLED / DEEPENED YOUR WELL? The Water Attorney needs a list to present to OWRD in our fight. We have only heard from 2 of you. Please email us: SaveChehalemMountain@gmail.com
4) WE NEED VOLUNTEERS: We need more bodies to help protect our homes & community from the fire danger, loss of water and to spread the news of what all of us are facing. Volunteers are needed for existing committees related to fire, water, Yamhill County Time/Place & Manner Regulations. Email us at: SaveChehalemMountain@gmail.com
5) WILD FIRE SEASON: is upon us early this year. TVFR is offering a series of Zoom calls here: https://www.facebook.com/140450022633294/posts/4256648787680043/?d=n
Also, volunteers on our Fire Committee are working with TVFR to get this area designated as “Firewise” by having Homeowners sign up as a group for advice, informational classes and potential funding assistance programs associated with costs to create defensible spaces. With last year’s blaze, it is important that we take precautionary measures.
To Sign up, email: Cheryle.Douglas@comcast.net
To Read more, click here: https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/Fire-causes-and-risks/Wildfire/Firewise-USA
6) YAMHILL COUNTY “MARIJUANA TIME, PLACE & MANNER REGULATIONS”: volunteers continue to work with the YamCo Commissioners/Planning Director/YamCo Attorney to formally adopt safety measures. Under HB 3400 County Commissioners have the authority to adopt these sensible guidelines to protect citizens, the environment, quality of life, home values and the lives of First Responders. Almost every other County in Oregon has adopted these measures. Example from Clackamas County: https://www.clackamas.us/planning/marijuana.html
Thank you, and keep getting the word out. Many neighbors still have not heard about this and we are trying to expand our reach to everyone who may be affected.
Forward this to your friends and neighbors and encourage them to sign up for our updates and easy access to the information and resources we use. If this has been forwarded to you, receive your own updates by entering your email address below.